Friday, December 6, 2019

Life is good

I am not very good at this :-) Getting ready for Christmas, buying the presents. I did cards again, not sure how much longer I'll do them. They are not as popular as they used to be. Big news is that we are buying a condo for Louisa. We were planning to rent it out for a year maybe while Louisa got more ready to move, but it turns out we can't do that, so she might just be moving out come January. I have felt that she needed to have some time on her own to grow and be more independent, but now that it is here I'm not sure I am ready for it myself. We went through the whole empty nest thing with the boys leaving and I was glad to have them move on when it came time for that. But to have Louisa move out means we really will have an empty nest, and at my age that isn't as exciting as it would have been years ago. And I worry if she'll really be able to handle it. But it is only a couple miles away, we can provide a lot of support. Eventually we'll try to get her a roommate, but it will need to be just the right person so I am in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment