Friday, May 7, 2021

What a year an a half it has been. January 2020 we moved Louisa out, spent an absolutely fabulous week in Desert Springs, and I didn't think life could be any better, wondered what I'd done to be able to enjoy a place like that. On the way home we put money down on a house in Hurricane. Had plans to go to Uzbekistan with Alice, an Alaskan cruise with the whole family in June, and the south east in the summer. Then Covid hit and everything stopped. I was doing pretty good until the summer heat and the horrible news about covid and the election. I ended up depressed doing nothing but sitting on the couch playing games and eating. It has taken me til now to begin to feel a little better. We spent a lot of time in Hurricane. I can't believe our luck in finding a house in such a great location. Walking distance to the Desert Tortoise preserve, no houses in front or behind us, nice views of the sunset (a big plus), quiet, but easy access to everything. I've enjoyed it best when sharing it with others, the kids, my friends. Russ goes golfing every time he's down there. Mostly with Dan and Ev who also have a condo. I like walking out to the Virgin river gorge for sunsets. So we went to opening day baseball last night. It was great. The fans who were there were passionate and knowledgable. Very fun, we lost but it was a good game with some opportunities. Plus we have plans for this summer and now that it is almost ready to start I'm feeling hope and excitement I haven't had for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment