Friday, September 11, 2009

Moving Caleb and Carley



With Carley student teaching in Blackfoot they were already thinking of moving. Then Caleb's company moved from Rigby to Idaho Falls. So they found a place in Idaho Falls. Caleb can ride his bicycle to work and Carley still goes with the carpool, they just pick her up at at freeway onramp. Another good thing is this way they can leave in November when student teaching is done. Had they stayed in Rexburg they would have had to pay for December's rent as well. We took the truck up, and brought home a load of things they didn't want for the next three months. We left the truck up there and then Russ went up and helped with the real move. Then we had to drive up again to pick up the truck. I was glad to see the apartment. It is better than their other one in many ways. It may not be in the best part of town, but it seemed okay.

I couldn't just go up there for the truck though so we drove up at night, slept in their apartment, and then did a day trip up to Mesa Falls and Big Springs. It really was a great little getaway.

Mesa Falls is beautiful and away from all distractions. I wondered why I hadn't ever heard of it before and it was because up until 1986 it was private property. I know that is a while ago, but obviously my parents wouldn't ever have taken us there.


Then Alice had mentioned Big Springs, so I wanted to go up there as well since again I'd never heard of it. It really was a very big spring where the Henry's Fork of the Snake begins.


There is a wonderful little cabin built by a guy who lived there year round. You can take boat rides down the river to Mack's Inn.

We ate at Henry's Fork and watched the canoes and rafts coming down. It really looked like a lot of fun. To just sit there relaxing by the side of the river while we ate our pizza was so wonderful. We were a million miles away from life in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment