I had reserved a week at Wolf Creek Condos. We drive past them every time we head up to Powder Ridge, so I thought maybe we'd stay in the valley and see what it is like there. They were nice. There was room for 10 people, so maybe another time we'll do it again.


We started the weekend at Salomon Center in Ogden for the Flowrider, wall climbing and watching I-Fly.
I decided against doing the flowrider, though I'm sure I would have loved it. Course if I had no one would have been able to take pictures!

Caleb and Russ tried the climbing and Louisa played in the arcades. The flowrider was a riot and there was lots of laughter and smiles.

We finally ate at the Shooting Star Saloon. Though it really is just a bar. I couldn't try the signature Star Burger with the knackworst in the middle, but the plain old cheeseburger was good.

Sunday morning beautiful and warm we drove to Snowbasin. This place is NICE! The lodges are high class. I think they were built for the Olympics and they did a fantastic job. We bought tickets at Earl's Lodge and we took the gondola up to Needles Lodge where they serve a very nice Sunday Brunch with an amazing view of Ogden Valley. We took the short nature hike and then the slightly more difficult short hike to the ridge line. I was not prepared and was wearing sandals. But I just went slow, and it wasn't too long and at the top we had great views east to Ogden Valley and west to the Great Salt Lake. I will have to remember this again come July and wildflower season!
Back at the bottom we ate late lunch at the Barbeque and listened to the bluegrass band Shades of Grey. I couldn't have imagined a better afternoon. Really it was wonderful.
Back at the Lodge we played Monopoly, and went swimming at the rec center. The pool is big, and the rec center has all you'd expect. We had a good time, might have to stay here again!

The next day was golfing for three of them. They didn't worry too much about it as no one was great, but the object was to have a good time and I think they did that.
It was a good time all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment