Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Migration


We took the opportunity to visit the Bear River Bird Refuge to see the migrating Tundra Swans. They have been in the area for awhile and I was worried the approaching storm might have swept them north. So I was glad when we drove out to the furthest reaches of the refuge that the area was covered in swans. It was an amazing sight. Even better was when we were back in farm land the wind blew hundreds past us. They were trying to fly west but the wind was blowing south and in bunches of twos up to 6 or 7 flying together they would fly very, very slowly west, or else give up and go with the wind south. The sky was full of swans with their graceful necks stretched out and their white wings gliding fluidly in the air. I love to watch birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment