Thursday, March 5, 2009

Last light on Lone Peak



From the very beginning of living here I have enjoyed having Lone Peak out my back door. It is a beautiful mountain. It changes daily. Today with new fallen snow. I can watch Spring creep up its slopes, watch the sun and moon rise over its peaks. My favorite time is in the fall with the tapestry of colors. There is a patch of Aspen that just turn golden surrounded by the greens and blues of the evergreens and the reds and oranges of the oak and maple. I'm grateful for the 13 years I had of unobstructed views. Now I am relagated to a small corner of the yard where I can see the whole mountain, but it can still take my breath away. Like with this amazing last light hitting the tops and turning them shimmering gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment