
We decided to try out the truck. My fault we left late though and so couldn't get as far as I had hoped for Friday night. We ended up at Huntington North Reservoir. It is a beautiful little lake, probably a lot of fun on hot summer days. This was not a hot summer night. It was below freezing. We set up camp in the dark, we were the only crazy people in the campground. I froze all night, hardly slept at all. The wind was blowing hard, I was not expecting this! In the early morning being wide awake I walked around the campground. Noticing what looked like foam on the shore I went to investigate. It was ice, pushed up by the movement of the lake. Then I realized the lake was covered in ice. I picked up a chunk and threw it out to see how thick it was fully expecting the ice to break through. It didn't, it was several inches thick at least. Hello Susan,, no wonder you froze.
Beautiful sunrise though :-)
que hermosura de lugar! :) beautiful ;)
ReplyDelete