Getting used to the GPS. The first time I took it out on my walk I learned it could tell me how far I had traveled, how fast I was traveling (about 2.5 mph), and how long I had taken. And then the batteries ran out. So I couldn't retrace my steps. So I tried again Saturday morning. I found out walking in the morning is much harder for me than at night. Not a good thing, since I will be taking my Wave hike in the morning.
This morning was the trial, to see how the Trackback feature worked. First it told me which direction to start in, I liked that part. Then the configuring was about 15-20 ft. So I learned I needed to make allowances for that. When it told me to turn about 20 feet early I learned I couldn't expect it to be exactly accurate. Later it was telling me to turn about 20 feet too late. But that's okay, at least it was telling me. I also learned the difference between the route and the navigation features. They both did the same job,,,telling me which direction to go, one did it with at compass and one did it with a line. Anyway, I have accomplished my first experience using a GPS and it was okay.
There is still so much I need to learn. Like how to program GPS coordinates into it,,,I hope I can do that.
Then I also want to learn how to use waypoints. This way I don't need to keep the GPS on all the time running out the batteries. I would just mark the spots I think may be helpful or troublesome on the way back. The problem I can see with that is how do I know when to look for my markers?
No comments:
Post a Comment