Today I took the plunge and went three miles. I didn't use the GPS other than to tell me how far I'd gone and the elevation changes I took. I took a new route that left that last mile all uphill and I added ankle weights. I thought they were 1 pounders, but they are really 5 pounders. Man I could feel the difference and they about did me in. However even with the extra mile, all uphill with 10 extra pounds I still made it in an hour.
Reading some reviews about the hike one said it was a moderate hike that would take 6 hours rt. Another said it was an easy hike that would take 3 hrs rt. I expect I'll be more the 6 hour experience.
Another thing I'm worried about is the 8 mile access road. It is impassable when wet. It has been raining and I'm hoping all the rain comes and goes before I take the hike in a week.
But I will be very ready to get away for a little while. Work has been tough.
Where are you hiking and how far is it? If the batteries are running out on the GPS pretty quick I'd look into getting some rechargeable ones if you haven't already, they can save you a lot of money.
ReplyDelete