
We have found a replacement for Shasta. She is a mix, probably part king cavalier spaniel and maybe pomeranian. She is about 8 lbs, a little smaller than I was hoping for, but at least she isn't tiny. I think she is beautiful. She was a stray and is about 6 yr old. I've named her TinkerBelle. She had another name, but once I realized that was not her name, but just one someone at the shelter gave her I felt no loyalty to it and came up with my own. I asked and asked and nobody had even one idea. So it is definitely my name. That's okay, she really is my dog. At the adoption event even though Carley had her leash and walked her around it was more than obvious that I was the one she wanted to stay with.
She is also slowly getting used to men. She likes Caleb pretty well, but the rest she runs away from. It is also obvious she has been kicked by the way she reacts to feet raised anywhere near her.
I have decided she lived with a single woman who worked during the day and lived in an apartment, and after they went outside at night Tinkerbelle would lay in her lap and the lady would rub her belly. She also was fed people food, and slept in bed with her lady. So she is a little confused when I won't let her on my couch and don't feed her by hand and make her sleep on the floor and don't rub her much. She is adjusting slowly. I'm trying to teach her to sit and lay and stay. We go on walks and this is helping me, because she has a much faster pace than I do, so I am getting a work out.
She got out once, when a cat in the yard ran under a hole in the fence I didn't know was there. Tinkerbelle was able to squeez through just as fast as the cat. I found her around the corner standing there with a look on her face like what do I do now. Thankfully she did not run away from me, but sat there and let me come get her.
I'm glad we got her.
It looks like you found yourself a true friend! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete