Tuesday, February 2, 2010

29th Anniversary





















Not much money this year so we stayed close to home. Spent some bonus money I'd been given. We ate at Tiburon restaurant which I have wanted to visit forever. I'm glad we were able to finally go. It was DELISH! Russ had Elk and I had Halibut. A treat for the taste buds like I have never had before. Excellent food.


Then on Friday we headed down to Spring City where we stayed at the Osborne Inn Bed and Breakfast. This was a great choice and we WILL be going back. I fell in love with Spring City, what a great little town. The whole town is a National Historic District with 68 buildings being on the list. One of them is the Inn where we stayed. There are only 4 bedrooms that they let out, and I guess they live in two of them, so really only two at the moment. We stayed on the ground floor in the Ruth May and Jesse Fox room. The sheets were the most wonderful I've ever slept in and that is saying alot. The home was similar in some ways to the BnB in Tyler TX we stayed at, but that was redone like a museum, and this was more like someone's lived in home. Very comfortable and relaxed, with old and new things intermixed seamlessly.























We were welcomed by a fire in the stove in the parlor where I sat and read about Spring City. Later under a full moon I walked around the block and down Main street to the center of town looking at and reading about the historic buildings on the way there and back. It was so quiet. Only one or two cars through town.




















In the morning after a delicious breakfast we were able to visit awhile with Barbara the owner. She is still pretty new to the area and we had a great visit.

Then we walked next door to visit the Horseshoe Mt Pottery shop of Joseph Bennion. We loved it and after looking at the items for sale had pretty much selected what we wanted when he walked in. I guess he saw our truck and thought he ought to make an appearance. We enjoyed visiting with him and learning about his daughter Louisa who is living in France and making her way by playing Irish music for money in the market town. He and his artist wife Lee are excited to be going for a month down the Colorado. I started getting jealous of their quiet life in the country. I think some part of me is a bohemian wannabe.




















Anyway, then we headed down to Manti to enjoy that beautiful Temple. We enjoyed an unhurried visit and then headed home.
Love You Russ.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great getaway city for your Anniversary. Where is Spring City?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring City is just north of Ephraim a little off the main hwy 89

    ReplyDelete