Sunday, August 1, 2010

Zion Reunion


The plan to have all of us together for at least one day in Zion was realized. Hyrum was unable to come the first part of the trip and Jesse left early, but they were both there on Monday when we were able to hike the Narrows.


Being away from the responsibilities and needs of everyday life was wonderful. We were busy the whole time, even with a week we didn't do everything we had on our list. The three big events were attending Tarzan at Tuacahn, the one day hike of the Narrows, and the overnight hike of the West Rim and then finishing up with Angel's Landing.

We have our problems, and there are always ways that we could do better. But I am proud of my children. They are good people.

2 comments:

  1. Who did Angel’s Landing? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb, Hyrum, Carley and Russ. I have done it twice and would have loved to go again, but after the 12 miles I had already hiked that day and the day before, knowing I still had the two miles down the mountain, and the two sleepless nights, my legs just weren't up to it. I was sad because I know it will be very difficult for me to get there again. It is a great hike. Your kids would have loved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete